Thursday 3 May 2012

Finally...what you've all been waiting for!

I have finally decided to join the digital age and become socially networked and whatnot and start a blog. Normally when I travel I send ridiculously long and rambling e-mails home to friends and family, but that has gotten hard to keep up with. I'm thinking that bite-sized blog posts will be easier and more fun to manage than super-sized e-mails.

So...check back often for updates on my travels and tips, products, and stories that I discover on my adventures. I promise you will be entertained, enlightened and made just that little bit smarter by my amazing wit and keen observation skills ;). I'll try to update as often as possible but I'll be spending the next 3 months in rather remote field sites and internet connection will sometimes be limited.

Since this blog will mostly be about travel and adventure, I will leave you with one of my favorite travel quotes:

"All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it." - Samuel Johnson

I'm definitely of the "learn to enjoy it" persuasion. One thing I've gained from traveling is an appreciation of the fact that a happy, fulfilled life can take many forms.

Here are a couple links to some other travel quotes that might inspire your own adventures:

http://exploreforayear.com/inspiration/55-quotes-travel
http://matadornetwork.com/bnt/50-most-inspiring-travel-quotes-of-all-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment